My fish are....Well...just generally unhealthy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so......while you guy's are all squabbling about water changes, has anyone takin into account any of the other attributing factors?, such as temp?, it is my understanding that where tetras do well in the 70-75 fahrenheit range, rams prefer much higher temp's 85-90, and i've read even higher. I'm not callin anyone down, and i agree that 80% is an un godly amount of water change for your already adapted fish to endure, it is possible for them to thrive....whether you are doing small water changes frequently, or large ones regularly....it is simply what your fish are used to...as for your sick fish problem.....the simplest solution might be the easiest, i would recommend that you try some heavy doses of cycle, or stress coat. I think it might be beneficial to build up all the beneficial bacteria you can, make the water healthy, and hopefully your fish can do the rest...either way, good luck :)

That was mentioned already:

Jchillin said:
You're not missing a thing. The accepted rule is that you keep a mature tank's parameters level at all times. Any sudden or drastic change in any of them (ph, temp, etc)

The tank is over a year old, which indicates that it is already mature (cycled).

Back
Top Bottom