Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-18-2008, 12:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to jmoores
My fish had columnaris but I think they have ich now!!!

In my female betta fish tank I had 2 girls who got columnaris I took them out and one died but the other looks fine my first post is here(Help I think my fish has columnaris!) But anyways I cleaned the whole main tank and put the other girls back in it (the ones without columnaris). But now I think that they are showing signs of Ich!! Can anybody tell me if it is ich and is QuickCure alright for bettas? Thanks

This one is showing on her gill area.

This one is showing on her anal fin most and also one spot on the head buy her eye.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:32 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Yes that looks like ich. The best method for treatment is to raise the heat to 87-88F, a degree or two every 6 hours will work. Keep the heat up and increase aeration (add a bubbler or lower water level a bit) to increase splash and keep heat up for 2 weeks after the last spot of ich is gone.

Now on to what is causing all these problems for you....what are your water parameters on the main tank? How often and how much water changes are you doing? What do you add to the tank for chemicals if any normally? Do you add dechlorinator? All the illness you are suffering from are usually a secondary issue, caused by something else.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:57 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to jmoores
I don't have the water parameters right now but I do weekly water changes. The tank has only been set up for about 2 weeks now. When I set up the tank and when I do water changes I add dechlorinator, and aquarium salt. The tank is still going though it cycle so I assumed that was what was causing all the problems.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Ok the cycle is causing the problems. You may need to up the amount of water changes you are doing. You need a test kit. You can get one cheaply at #1 Big Als Aquarium Supplies: Fish Tanks, Stands, Decorations, Accessories. Look under test kits master kits. You need to keep ammonia and nitrite to as close to 0 ppm as possible.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
column, columnaris, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com