my fish seem healty!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
my fish seamed healthy but due to a cracked 20 gal and a cat i couldnt keep my other fish in the rubbermade container (cat ate some fish) so i put them in the 75 gal and even tho they r healthy can i add anything to prevent them from getting sick??? also im planning on doin a pwc 20-25% tomorrow i have everything pretty much ready i just realized that i dont have the dechlorine thingy:facepalm:(aquasafe) so i didnt doit today, i heard that salt will hurt my plants is that true??? i was looking at some api pima fix, mela fix just incase some fish get in some scraps with the other stablished fish, also im planning on getting some api freshwater test kit im pretty much out of all of them but nitrate and ammonia, please help me out!!!!

and yes the cat ate some fish and was trying to get more and i did acclimated them just the same way i used to do it when i had my reef tank

A lot of salt will hurt the plants, but you shouldn't add that much anyway unless you are keeping brackish or livebearers.

Sorry your fish died. They best thing you can do to prevent disease is not feeding too much and practicing wise maintenance.

So if I have this right, you had 2 tanks, a 75 gall and a 20 gall. The 20 gall broke so you put all the fish in a bucket. Your cat started to consume the fish so you tossed the remaining bucket fish into the 75. Is that right?

I'm still confused. Please forgive me.

Was this an established 20 gallon?

You mentioned salt. Is one tank salt and the other fresh?

I guess if both are fresh, I don't see what the issue is in just placing the 20 gallon fish into the 75 gallon. Are you replacing the 20 gallon tank?

Also, when you say acclimating, were all of the fish in the bucket new fish?

yes they were both established tanks the 20 gal i had it running for a year with those fish the other i had cichlids and a raainbow shark and pictus catfish but i got rid of the cichlids and did a 50 percent water change and waited aweek and added some other fish

I've responded in your other thread, as you've already received good advice there. This is why dupe threads are dangerous. It's important for those helping you to see what advice you've already received so we can expand on it.

I won't be adding more to this thread. You should have it deleted and just use the other one.

I think you actually have to PM one of the mods. I don't think shouting will get them here. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom