My German Blue Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I can 1000% guarantee you it's a goldfish, I don't think you could Google guppy and find anything similar. Try Googling goldfish. At least your ram is at the right temp;) a month is nothing, they can live for years and years, take it back to the petstore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dude that's a new strain of guppy. It grows a foot long and can live for 20 years. How did you not know????

Jk it's a freaking goldfish take it to the pet store and yes the pink indicates a female ram.

No, you're good, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes the name tags are mixed up at the stores, and positively it is a Goldfish (GF).

The GF will cause lots of ammonia, and upset water quality easily in an average tank. The most immediate issue is that the Rams and GF need much different water temperatures. GF survive but higher temp water can cause fish to become ill /be more susceptable to getting sick, the temp makes them less able to fight off illness.

Glad the female Ram is looking better.

Sometimes the name tags are mixed up at the stores, and positively it is a Goldfish (GF).

The GF will cause lots of ammonia, and upset water quality easily in an average tank. The most immediate issue is that the Rams and GF need much different water temperatures. GF survive but higher temp water can cause fish to become ill /be more susceptable to getting sick, the temp makes them less able to fight off illness.

Glad the female Ram is looking better.

Go to any petco or petsmart.. they have huge tanks of these guppies and they cost about 19 cents.. I'm positive it's a guppy because I've gone to multiple store and there all guppies..

Your guppy is a goldfish...must have been mislabeled at the store;)

Guppy tails look like colourful skirts....goldfish tails look like this IMG_0250.JPG

Do you have a second tank? You can use higher water temperature to fight the ich in the ram, but the goldfish needs colder temperature, like we prefer. It will take meds to clear up problems in the goldfish.

It may have been harassing the ram over territory...they don't like to share a tank of it's not big enough for everyone

You can get guppies with goldfishy colouring (i think it is recessive gene) but they are still guppy shaped with those big skirty tails... That little guy does seem to have goldfishy colouration AND shape though. And he wouldn't really grow at 82F so it makes sense

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom