Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Freak

Temp is 82 and the water I just changed today... I been doing content water changes so I could get the old fins out... What kind of garlic fresh or powderd?

Old 04-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

Try again with the floating pellets and see if he eats them. Don't try to take him with the net as all you are doing is putting additional stress or scaring him more then before. If he doesn't eat remove and try again. If not, then I wouldn't know what to do, as 4 days without food is quite long for such a small fish.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes it is a long time with out food and ok... I wasn't trying to catch him I was trying to see if he could see where he was going.... He either bumps into it or all the walls on the tank.... he never seems to stop swimming.. I tried to feed him tonight I dropped a pellet in front of him and he went past it... I put my finger in the water and he bounced off it.... Idk if he is just swimming around or if her really can't see... Before if he even saw any movement or I went in to get him out of the tank for a tank change he wouldn't even let me get near him with the net... Now it's like he doesn't see it. I noticed before I could see his eyes moving if he was looking at things but now they never move I rlly think he is blind idk how but I think he is... But I'll keep trying to feed him and hopefully he'll turn around.
Thanks for all this help
Old 04-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

Honestly, my best guess right now would be a case of cloudy eye because of the bad water conditions he was in. That limits greatly the visibility of the fish, and I have read about this multiple times. I heard about a lot of cures, such as using myxazin, and you can check this informative page about cloudy eye: Fish Cloudy Eyes
Old 04-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well thanks for all the help but he died tonight :/ his outside looked healthier but internally idt he was ok.... I just hope the little guy didnt suffer... I really tried everything to try to help him.... why did the water foul so fast after a full water change like that???? And unfortunately he never got to see his new tank with the filter and real plants and new gravel... If I do get my grandmother a new beta I'll deff be testing the water every couple of days for her.... Would I need to cycle a 2.5 gal tank with a beta... And how long would it take? I thought it was a five gal tank but its only 2.5 gal... I already added the plant food for the plant neutralized the water, and added easy balance...
Old 04-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman11224 View Post
Well thanks for all the help but he died tonight :/ his outside looked healthier but internally idt he was ok.... I just hope the little guy didnt suffer... I really tried everything to try to help him.... why did the water foul so fast after a full water change like that???? And unfortunately he never got to see his new tank with the filter and real plants and new gravel... If I do get my grandmother a new beta I'll deff be testing the water every couple of days for her.... Would I need to cycle a 2.5 gal tank with a beta... And how long would it take? I thought it was a five gal tank but its only 2.5 gal... I already added the plant food for the plant neutralized the water, and added easy balance...
For such a small tank, cycling would be really useless, especially if you're gonna add a single betta in there. It's better just to do by-weekly water changes
Old 04-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok will do thanks for the help...
Old 04-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Ok will do thanks for the help...
Best of luck to you
Old 04-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
I have a betta at work in a 2.5g. I do a 50% pwc twice a week and that keeps his water clean. When I do a pwc I use a turkey baster to suck out the waste at the bottom. I also do a 100% clean and scrub every 2 weeks. No filter, only a heater. Ideally I'd like to have him in a 5g but my desk isn't big enough.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok thanks... I'll try to do it twice a week but if I can't make it over to her house it will deff get once a week... I have a small filter in there so it should keep the water ok for a week.

Tags
beta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com