my guppies keep getting dropsy of some sort help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I keep losing my guppies to what it seems like dropsy, I have lost five already within months and my only two guys that where born and survived look a little over fed but I am afriad that it is the start of that thing again. ive been fighting ick for a while, may it be a parasite or something in my tank that just keeps getting into them? could it be a type of food I am feeding that is causing this? a couple of them just got really fat to the point there belly just cut open from so fat. not a pretty site poor things.

Are you able to post a pic?
What are you feeding them? Are they male or female? What are your parameters?

I have a really bad camera but will post some picture, my parameters are:
0.10 ammonia do to the leafs of plants going bad
0 nitrite
20 nitrate
2.0 phosphate
they are male guppies
I feed frozen blood worms and dry blood worms, tubafix dried blood worms, flakes, sinking wafers, shrimp pellets, algae wafers.

Are they males or females affected? Just making sure they aren't pregnant and having compications. Do the scales stick out from the body pinecone fashion?

I really can't tell of the scales sticking out to 100% I believe they are males not females but not sure 100%.

Back
Top Bottom