My guppy Endler is SICK and BLOATED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Okelly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, This is my first post on this wonderful forum :brows: , so I'm not sure how it all works yet but bear with me :facepalm: ...
Anyway I have a problem I have a 100 litre tank with many beautiful endlers guppies and many more red cherry and amano shrimp this is not the problem...the problem is that a couple of my guppies have already died from what seems to be bloated stomachs and their tails were not as open or spread as usual they seem to kinda close them if you see what I mean Ive looked it up a bit and I think Ive narrowed it down to either bloat or dropsy either way what can I do, if anything. Ive quarantined the sick guppy and have put a couple of table spoons of salt in with it (regular aquarium salt) SOOOoooooo any tips any help?? all would be appreciated many thanx :thanks:

Hi all, This is my first post on this wonderful forum :brows: , so I'm not sure how it all works yet but bear with me :facepalm: ...
Anyway I have a problem I have a 100 litre tank with many beautiful endlers guppies and many more red cherry and amano shrimp this is not the problem...the problem is that a couple of my guppies have already died from what seems to be bloated stomachs and their tails were not as open or spread as usual they seem to kinda close them if you see what I mean Ive looked it up a bit and I think Ive narrowed it down to either bloat or dropsy either way what can I do, if anything. Ive quarantined the sick guppy and have put a couple of table spoons of salt in with it (regular aquarium salt) SOOOoooooo any tips any help?? all would be appreciated many thanx :thanks:

Hi,
I am sorry about your losses. Clamped fins is often a sign of water quality issues. Have you already tested your water? Would you mind sharing the readings for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?

Back
Top Bottom