My heavily pregnant guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom_sparks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, I'm all new to the guppy breeding so was wondering if anybody could help me with my little query. I have a heavily pregnant guppy who has recently got a huge White patch on her side. I don't have a clue what it is. Please help somebody.

Attachments

• image-936041205.jpg
    image-936041205.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 163
Here's another picture of it, hope somebody could help me:)

Attachments

• image-1501540537.jpg
    image-1501540537.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 136
It looks like the pregnancy patch, my female guppy gets one right when she's about to pop. It should go away a few days after she giving birth

Move to the FW unhealthy fish forum. This forum is for comunity news and announcements.

It doesnt look fuzzy, looks like it's just her scales, I have 4 heavily pregnant guppys but she is the only girl that has this. She has also gone really lazy and stays in one corner of the tank sometimes a little lop sided and vertical. Temp has been the same and water changes of 25% each day are being made. Have also put in anti bacterial tablets to condition water thoroughly! I havent a clue what it could be!

Tom_sparks said:
Hi guys, I'm all new to the guppy breeding so was wondering if anybody could help me with my little query. I have a heavily pregnant guppy who has recently got a huge White patch on her side. I don't have a clue what it is. Please help somebody.

Is is fuzzy or anything? How does she act !? Normal or does she have any kind of symptoms?

BDawg90 said:
It looks like the pregnancy patch, my female guppy gets one right when she's about to pop. It should go away a few days after she giving birth

Are you sure? She just looks so weak just staying in one corner at the bottom of the tank sometimes lopsided. Seems like she is losing the will to go on.

Flossie said:
Why are u doing daily PWC?

Sorry flossie mean I'm doing tests every day and pwc maybe every 2-3 days depending on condition of water. She just seems like she's lopsided, sometimes vertical. I've never seen this on any of my community tank fish. And the other pregnant guppies are all doing fine!!

mfdrookie516 said:
Merged 4 identical threads. Please only start one thread per topic.

Sorry, still trying to work this forum app stuff out!

Tom_sparks said:
Sorry flossie mean I'm doing tests every day and pwc maybe every 2-3 days depending on condition of water. She just seems like she's lopsided, sometimes vertical. I've never seen this on any of my community tank fish. And the other pregnant guppies are all doing fine!!

So are you ammonia and nitrite staying at zero? If not that could explain her behavior... I'm not sure about the patch but it does look like pigment to me...

Flossie said:
So are you ammonia and nitrite staying at zero? If not that could explain her behavior... I'm not sure about the patch but it does look like pigment to me...

Yes everything is at zero according to the tests. Just seems so week i don't know whether it's because of the pregnancy or what not. Hopefully she'll be there still tomorrow with a couple of dozen babies though!!

Tom_sparks said:
Yes everything is at zero according to the tests. Just seems so week i don't know whether it's because of the pregnancy or what not. Hopefully she'll be there still tomorrow with a couple of dozen babies though!!

Maybe it's cause she's so far along huh? Lol that's how my sister gets when she's pregnant!!! Lol !! Seriously though just keep an eye on the spot make sure it's not changing... Hopefully she will brighten back up soon

sherlock1315 said:
Well, there's always the possibility that you bought her old...

But this patch appeared overnight, she's not a large female. Roughly 2", so it's pretty average. Doesn't look too old either. But her belly is absolutely huge. Looks like she's about ready to explode.

Flossie said:
Maybe it's cause she's so far along huh? Lol that's how my sister gets when she's pregnant!!! Lol !! Seriously though just keep an eye on the spot make sure it's not changing... Hopefully she will brighten back up soon

Sadly guys she went to heaven overnight but her mysterious patch has disappeared now so I think it must have been something internal!!!

Tom_sparks said:
Sadly guys she went to heaven overnight but her mysterious patch has disappeared now so I think it must have been something internal!!!

Awww man I'm so very sorry :(

Back
Top Bottom