My Pleco looks like it's starving to death. Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry but your fish is stunted. You need a way bigger tank for a common pleco. Also what are you water parameters at? Liquid or strips? How long has this tank itself been set up for and how did you put it through the nitrogen cycle? Have you recently rinsed your media in tap water or replaced it all?

You seem to be greatly misinformed about fish. If your at a pet store and the worker says you can set the tank up for 24 hours and then go by fish do you keep taking advice from him? Pet stores only want to make a sale. For instance, you Bala is going to get stunted die and not live nearly as long as it should and you most likely had it in the previous tank to which would just make the case worse for him. From this he will die early causing you to return to the store and buy another. The average lifespan is 4-5 years I believe, obviously it depends on each fish. If your pets tore sold you a fish that was for your tank and you took care of it properly they wouldn't have much business. This is how they look at it.

Now do a 50% waterchange and amazing gravel vac. That pleco alone produce a huge amount of waste your subtrate could be a huge mess causing your nitrates to raise like crazy stressing him out and poisoning all the fish. Match your water temp And declorinate your water. Do some research and find out if your fish can handle salt and maybe put some in at 1tblspn per 10g.

I honestly think it was the stress of changing his tank n doing all the water changes due to the cycling failure I had when I got him this new tank that cause his eatting prob in the first place.mend!
Why did it cycle? You already had all your bb to sustain the fish in your old tank. Something was done wrong to cause the cycle again.

There was some questioning as to what size tank she had when she claimed it to be a 55g, but said it was deeper than 12in, OP has a 55 and a fish that has already outgrown it.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not arguing here read my last posts

Hi I'm new here and desperate to find out how

While initially setting up the tank I had some problems which in all my years of having fish I'd never experienced and I unfortunatly lost several fish. ( it flip flopped between green and milky white)

The tank has 2 whisper 10-30i filters, it.

If you really wanna know what happend you need to read the sticky about cycling a tank nitrogen cycle! This could easily been avoided. Kinda obvious now that I see this little part and read your profile. Both filters came in a lot with the tank. Did you move any media over. You had a bacteria bloom and lost a bunch of fish which leads me to think you didn't causing it to cycle. Having ammonia and nitrites present and poising all your fish.

Back
Top Bottom