My rummy nose is yellow.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Midnitehunter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone.

I'm having an issue with my rummy nose tetras. So I just started my tank a week ago. I had 3 tetras that all died. I'm pretty sure it's because my bf removed some water to be able to lift the tank to move it. When he re-added the water they died with in days.

The betta and cat fishes (we have 3 of them) are still completely fine. We went out and got 3 more tetras. They were fine this I noticed this morning the one tetra has gone yellow. Its swimming fine but it doesnt usually stick around the other tetras. For its complete colour to change to a yellow mean its sick?

This is my bfs and my first tank. It is a 10 gallon. I grew up with fish tanks and have never seen this happen.

Attachments

• 20191014_092350.jpg
    20191014_092350.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 74
Chances are your tank is not cycled and you need to do a water change. to help your fish.

Knowing your water parameters is urgent to the well being of the fish. Also if you change the water you need to use water dechlorinator, Prime water conditioner is a good one if your tank isn't cycled yet, it can help.

Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

This article has links for fish in cycling.

Back
Top Bottom