my sucker fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

pamelam

I have a small tank and I got some algae so I bought an algae eater, but I didn't have enough algae. I bought some sea weed, but my platties loved it and I think they just ate too much, because a week later 3 of them died. I don't want to put the sea weed in because I don't want to loose anymore platties, but I'm affraid the algae eater will starve. Is there anything I can put in the tank that my sucker will eat and the platties won't like?

Welcome to AA!

You can buy algae wafers at most pet stores, and even some Wal Marts:

hikari_algae_wafers.jpg

What type of algae eater do you have? We can help you out more if we know why type it is :)

[center:9c1b67a9b7] Welcome to AA, pamelam!! :n00b: [/center:9c1b67a9b7]
Definately try algae wafers.
There are a few other things that may be problematic in the tank. What are you water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)? How long has the tank been going? When did you add fish? How large is the tank? How many/what types on fish are present in the tank? Finally, how often do you vacuum the gravel and do water changes?
Did all the platies die at the same time? Were they bloated looking like they over ate? Were there any signs of illness?

Back
Top Bottom