Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My weather loach has red spots

hi i hope somebody can help me, im worried about my weather loach, he was swimming about the tank like mad and keep going above the water. He is also swimming to one side and has some red spots/bumps on his head. does anyone have any idea whats the matter and what i can do for him? i have took him out of the tank incase it affects my other fish. please help, thanks.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzybabes View Post
hi i hope somebody can help me, im worried about my weather loach, he was swimming about the tank like mad and keep going above the water. He is also swimming to one side and has some red spots/bumps on his head. does anyone have any idea whats the matter and what i can do for him? i have took him out of the tank incase it affects my other fish. please help, thanks.
From a quick google red spots are a sign of high amonia. Have you got a test kit if so whats the readings? Hopefully a liquid test kit and not a test strip.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:50 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

no i have only got a strip test kit but i have heard i have the liquid ones are a lot better so i might go out asap and purchase one and try it that way.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:42 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Usually red spots related to high ammonia are around the gills. This is the ammonia actually burning the fish's gills. I've heard that the gills will turn almost black when they are healing from burnt gills.

Tags
eat, loach, red spots, weather loach

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com