My weather loach has red spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amzybabes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi i hope somebody can help me, im worried about my weather loach, he was swimming about the tank like mad and keep going above the water. He is also swimming to one side and has some red spots/bumps on his head. does anyone have any idea whats the matter and what i can do for him? i have took him out of the tank incase it affects my other fish. please help, thanks.

hi i hope somebody can help me, im worried about my weather loach, he was swimming about the tank like mad and keep going above the water. He is also swimming to one side and has some red spots/bumps on his head. does anyone have any idea whats the matter and what i can do for him? i have took him out of the tank incase it affects my other fish. please help, thanks.

From a quick google red spots are a sign of high amonia. Have you got a test kit if so whats the readings? Hopefully a liquid test kit and not a test strip.

no i have only got a strip test kit but i have heard i have the liquid ones are a lot better so i might go out asap and purchase one and try it that way.

Usually red spots related to high ammonia are around the gills. This is the ammonia actually burning the fish's gills. I've heard that the gills will turn almost black when they are healing from burnt gills.

Back
Top Bottom