Mysterious Denison barb deaths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicbizzy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm just hoping someone one else has had a similar experience or can shed some light as to what the hell is going on with my fish. Specifically, my Denison barbs. I've had three other Denisons present in the same way this guy has (sudden erratic, slightly slanted swimming complete with a nose dive to the bottom of the tank) only to die shortly after. Nothing at all out of the norm, then suddenly this type of swimming happens and the fish is dead within a few hours. This has happened with none of my other fish. Water parameters are pristine and aside from being slightly warmer than they would prefer, everything else is ideal. Any ideas, guys?

90 gallon aquarium with Finnex planted 24/7
Hydor 350 and Sunsun 304b canister filters plus home made moving bed filter
25-30% water changes weekly
pH 7.5-7.6 A 0 Nitrites 0 Nitrates 5-10
10 neon tetras
7 gold barbs
14 Odessa barbs
5 albino Corys
3 Denison barbs (formerly 6)
1 panda garra (down from 3)
1 Chinese algae eater
1 angle fish
I know the Angel fish is an odd ball and subject to nipping. He doesn't really appreciate the over filtration either. But the gold barbs couldn't care less and the Odessa chase a little but hardly nip. Besides, he was a rescue, is thriving and seems content so moving on. Any advice on the subject would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tried to post video but can't figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom