Mysterious fish deaths no longer mysterious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Masking is bad x.x I dun wanna be oblivious to problems v.v !! My ammonnia went down to 7.0

Better, its between 4.0 and 3.0. I think it might have actually have been the light to make it look soo dark. I had to replace a light bulb 8O 8O But the tap water ammonia level is still 1.0 on its own so i dunno. My sunset fish is about to die. its acting like the other two were before it died.. none of the other fishes have been acting like this at all.. bad batch from the petstore?

The ammonia is very hard on your fish. 3-4 is still very high. It's unfortunate but without another tank to move them to til your tank finishes its cycle, and since they've been exposed and weakened for so long by the ammonia, I'm not surprised your fish are still declining. I really don't know what to suggest other than to keep doing what your doing with your water. Keep in mind this is just the first hurdle for them. Once the ammonia starts to fall, there will be a spike in nitrites. Your gonna need a nitrite test so you can watch these as well. This is also very harmful to your fish. As for the ammonia in your tap, again, unless your parents are willing to buy some water to dilute your tap, or to buy a filter to filter it out, I don't know what to suggest.

My sunset fishes get these little white spots on their left pectoral fin, then it slowly starts (( deteriorating?? )) then the fish dies.. thats what happened to the other two and thats whats happening to the little guy i have now. The other guys are just fine though.

Oh my Rach. That sounds like fin rot. Your gonna need to try and get something to treat them. Melafix will help. I don't supposed you can talk your folks into another tank to treat them in? Melafix won't hurt your other fish but, not sure how it will effect your cycle. Hopefully someone else will jump in here with some better suggestions. Good luck.

Its a nogo, my mom is really mad right now. Someone stole her credit card and yeah...... well.. i can already tell the sunset is about to die..

Huge bummer. Sounds like a bacteria problem and I don't know any quick fixes for that other than meds. I'm sorry.

ammonia problem

I had a similar ammonia problem. What really seems to work is gravel vaccuming every week .That is when I finally noticed a reduction in ammonia. Good luck!!

!!!!! My moms friend offered to give me a 150 gallon tank with all the equipment... And my mom said no cause i already have a tank! ~ fumes ~

I think my fish have ICH!?!?!?!? i looked at the pictures and it looks exactly like that on my sunset and now my pregnant Molly has it too!!!!!!!! >.<!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom