Mysterious white mucus growing on catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quick update! White slime stuff-gone. White spots- gone. White scratches- gone. Mr. Fish is swimming about normally, breathing normally & is happy as Larry! :D

If anyone who commented on this thread is interested, I have a small little update. Mr. Fish is doing better than ever, he regularly pokes his head out of his coconut (which he has now claimed as his & got a tad annoyed when one of my Sulawesi snails decided to investigate in it. He only leaves it for food). He spends all day in his coconut & I sometimes see him in it with his belly in the air lol. He has a very healthy set of scales & there are no marks on him whatsoever.

P.S. The bit missing from his tail is from when my red tailed black shark attacked him when he was young & it hasn't grown back. It's quite a cute little war wound & adds to his character ^_^ I think he's such a handsome boy :3

Typically British!

Attachments

• 1409439882211.jpg
    1409439882211.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 1409439905173.jpg
    1409439905173.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 1409439926732.jpg
    1409439926732.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 67
Good news. Always great to hear an update.

I have 10 or so baby bn catfish. It's really the first time ever I've bred anything apart from live bearers so pretty pleased (not that I did much :) ).

I think so, all really unplanned but I see them for sale on gumtree here or I might see if I can swap them for mollies or plants or something. Got asked the other day about the small tank looking very permanent and mumbled something about just growing out stuff :)

I've got the yellow skinned ones, but at my lfs they've got orange ones so I might get some of them when I have more space in my tank. They're so awesome :) their breeding process is amazing

Typically British!

Off topic but wonder if someone can help. I've got 6 corys 3 bronze and 3 albino. My bronze corys are active and always diggings and doing what they do but my albino ones just lay still most of the time and seem like they are breathing really fast. I've tested my water and everything seems all good and the rest of the fish are fine. Is this usual cory behaviour?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How long have they been in the tank? Is it recent stocking or all stocked at same time? I find albino's in general harder to keep but could just be me.

Also what were readings? Ph? Temp?

Temp 26-27
Ph 7.5-8
Yeah baloo thy all 6 about a week ago. They were fine up until 2 days ago.

Bought them* lol

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409580668.494760.jpg what a boring fish lol. Even with the Molly photobombing me

I've given up on albinos, maybe lights are too bright or something. Say is that a clown loach in the background?

Yeah have 6 of them to. They are fine and thankfully keeping my snail population at bay!

I wondered on that. Thanks for the info. I went for yo yo's to do the same. Love loaches (except when up to no good).

Think I just jinxed myself just found 1 dead albino and a dead bronze at the back of the tank? I've moved the remaining to my fry tank hopefully won't lose anymore. I knew something was up

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom