Mystery Snail Mystery!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TyTy98

Aquarium Advice Regular
I lost one of my mystery snail!! Is it possible that my other ate it?? Can it crawl out of the tank??

I found it :^( it crawled out of my tank and fell on the floor,,how is that possible??

Glad to hear he is ok, did he climb up and simply "push" with his shell. So as he goes up and over the rim the shell pushes on the lid to make it lift enough as he goes through? I only have the one mystery snail, Gary, and he likes to come right up to the lid but has never climbed out, he just likes to go high fold up and drop to the bottom making a splash. Lol it's fun to watch, but I worry for his shell, as he makes a 'clunk' when he hits the bottom.

Maybe you could put a weight on the lid, like a small vase or ornament?

Mystery snails will climb out of the water if the conditions are bad. <Your other thread seems to indicate high ammonia, etc.>

They also will leave water to lay eggs (apple snails lay eggs above water) & sometimes they leave just for fun.

Nomadu571 said:
Glad to hear he is ok, did he climb up and simply "push" with his shell. So as he goes up and over the rim the shell pushes on the lid to make it lift enough as he goes through? I only have the one mystery snail, Gary, and he likes to come right up to the lid but has never climbed out, he just likes to go high fold up and drop to the bottom making a splash. Lol it's fun to watch, but I worry for his shell, as he makes a 'clunk' when he hits the bottom.

Maybe you could put a weight on the lid, like a small vase or ornament?

Nope,,she died :^(

Sorry about your snail. :( I agree with jsoong, they climb out for multiple reasons, one of which is because they feel like it. Do you have a lid? If you do, then the snail either pushed it (they are stronger than you would think) or else found a random gap.

absolutangel04 said:
Sorry about your snail. :( I agree with jsoong, they climb out for multiple reasons, one of which is because they feel like it. Do you have a lid? If you do, then the snail either pushed it (they are stronger than you would think) or else found a random gap.

Ya,,it was a very sad find

sounds like my yabby. he snuck up through the smallest of holes; dropped onto the shelving, then the floor, then went for a marathon walk all along my loungeroom and died out the front of my kitchen.

poor little mischievous guy.

sounds like my yabby. he snuck up through the smallest of holes; dropped onto the shelving, then the floor, then went for a marathon walk all along my loungeroom and died out the front of my kitchen.

poor little mischievous guy.

Talk about the adventure of a lifetime for an underwater snail!! lol

Back
Top Bottom