Need advice on ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karlywelch

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone! So I just recently bought a fish and it's been a week since he's been in the tank and I noticed last night that he has ich �� I've dealt with ich once before but I couldn't successfully treat my fish and he ended up dying. That was a goldfish though and now I am dealing with my Cichlid tank. I have taken the temperature up from 78 degrees which I always have it at and have gotten it up to 82 degrees. Working my way up to 86. But I did catch it right away so I'm hoping for a successful treatment. I would like to know if you guys think I should be doing anything else besides raising the temperate. I just really don't want to lose any fish especially my Oscar, lucky, that I had saved when he was younger(saved him from being eaten by turtles at my friends house). Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I want to make sure my fish live. Also the new fish has the most spots and I only have noticed one white dot on my fish Lucky. I have a five gallon I could put the new fish in but I feel as if it's too late since they've already all been exposed.

Carry on lifting your temp slowly, pwc every 2 day's including gravel vac, increase oxygen levels due to the warmer temp. Keep the heat up an extra 7-10 day's after last visible spot. Good luck :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Thank you! I've been raising the temp a degree or two every hour. Hopefully I can successfully cure this. I got so upset when I noticed the spots because the last fish I had with it died. But I also was clueless about ich at that point so hopefully now I won't lose any!

Try not to worry. If you feel you need to do daily pwc then just go ahead, make sure you match the temp though (which you probably already know ) keep us posted.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

I've always used Kordon Rid-Ich plus anytime I notice fish scratching themselves or white spots. Works great, been using the past 4 years

Back
Top Bottom