Need Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

n3wt

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have lost 3 fish so far for unknown reasons. All three have started to act funny, stopped eating and just died. The last fish However had some signs of some disease maybe or a bacteria or something.
The fish had 2 big white looking spots on it's face, one was on the gill plate right under and left of the eye and the other was on the underside of it's mouth between the gills.
I'm not really familiar with fish diseases and bacterias besides ICH and these spots are far to big to be ICH spots. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and knows what I can do to prevent any more fish losses?

Here are some photos I took after the fish died and had the spots.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 52
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 63
When you said "big white spots" I thought of columnaris, a bacterial infection. I had a fish that had a "pimple" under its chin and that's what I suspected it to be. Another fish had the "saddleback" lesion.

Read this link: Fish Disease - Columnaris and do some google searches for columnaris for more links.

If you still have fish in this tank I would treat with an antibiotic. The article I linked suggests some meds too.

Back
Top Bottom