Need Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malchill

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon tank. I accidently put ick/parasite formula (the kind at walmart) with my fish in there. I had to go to work so i wont be home for another 9 hours. How screwed are my fish? Will it kill them? Im worried sick. Sorry if this is the wrong place to add a thread of this kind. First time on forums.

You talking about Ick Away? Or some equivalent?

If it is you'll just have to look at the bottle and see what it says to do/how much to add. It may cause an issue depending on how much you added but if you added a safe dosage I wouldn't freak out too much. Itll turn your water green or blue for about 48 hours then start to fade from my experience. You can always do a water change or two to get it to clear up faster.

Let me know how it goes when you get home. I hope all is well.

Also any more details on the situation would be helpful.

Sorry at work its hard to reply. Its the equivalent. But it says to use in a bare tank.

We will see how it goes just going to be a bummer if i lose them. Just restored it from a ick epidemic.

No problem that's understandable.

I read on here that a good way to keep ick out of a tank is to use aquarium salt. There's a specific kind for freshwater tanks that adds back minerals to the water that fish and plants like. I had a small instance of ick and it was gone within 2 days of adding the salts with a water change. I just followed the instructions on the box of salt.

Its important to **only treat the water you're adding and only when you're adding it** because the minerals will only leave the tank when you remove the water. If that doesnt make sense pm me and I'll explain in more detail. Its important to understand that before you do it.

Ill see whats going on when i get home. Thanks for the help.

One of my angel fish died :( all the otger fish are healthy though. Im gonna give it a couple days...

Bummer...
Have you done a water change?

Back
Top Bottom