Need help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blazeherd2306

Aquarium Advice Addict
In my 10 gallon, my dwarf cichlid has a white, swollen lip. Could this be some kind of fungus? I already added salt to the tank and I have medication for infections and fungus'.

TIA

Oh.... and I do a 25% water change every two weeks. I have two Penguin filters and its a planted tank. Just look in my signature. The tank has been setup for two years and I've had the cichlid for 6 months.

more questions than answers...sorry..

what does it look like? fungus is usually a little fuzzy looking. Have you checked any of the charts that come with medicines to see if those help? are your nitrates high? like above 20-40ppm or higher?

Being on the mouth, it is probably a fungal infection of some sort, though, as greenmagi noted, it will really depend on if it's fuzzy looking or not.

Yeah it is a little fuzzy, but it looks like its getting better (I did a water change yesterday). I think its mouth fungus because its obviously on his mouth. The book says its caused by deteriorating water conditions, so I guess I'll have to do more water changes. :)

Back
Top Bottom