Need Help diagnosing...is this ICH? (images)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richscd2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings All, this is my first time posting here.

Stats: I have a 60 gallon tank with 4 goldfish so far. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 40ppm nitrate.

I've began noticing some really fine white specks on my largest orandas dorsal fin and tail. So far, i see nothing on the body. Ive been looking for images of ich online but haven't had much luck. This is my first time experiencing this, and I am not sure what it is and its driving me nuts. The fish is very active and showing no signs of discomfort. Hoping some experts here can help my diagnose what this is so my mind can be at rest. I tried my best taking some of these images.

Like fine, numerous, random white salt crystals?

I thought it would be just a few damage marks on fin rays but see the concern (I think since on iPhone).

Have you introduced anything recently from a shop or elsewhere?

Yes the spots on the fins are like very fine salt crystals. My entire tank is pretty new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like ich then. All cases I’ve had I’ve traced back to a shop purchase within several weeks (it happens even with good shops I find). Even one case with water from a plant purchase.

The shop will have a white spot med which I think is simplest. With a med, make sure good water surface movement as they will consume a bit of O2.

Back
Top Bottom