need help from some Pros. --- dead guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackMagic

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi All, yet again im asking noobie question.

my plant tank is full of Cherry RS, Apple Snails, Guppy, And Frys.
my snails are dying and some of my Guppy are missing, i tend to find bone of the fish and some dead shell of some Shrimp.

im clueless of what killing them, the only thing that come to mind is maybe my Shrimp are eating them? I did find 2 Shrimp inside one of my Snail Shell, probly eating the dead Snail.

is it normal for a guppy to chase a female and seem to look like biting her on the side of her body? 2 of my older fry are chasing the female adult and seem to be biting her.

this been happening for a while now, at first it didnt bother me but seeing more and more apple snail/Guppy dying is getting to the point of *time to fix this*. i already lost 3 Adult Male and 2 Adult Female. Dont feel like losing more.

Thanks for the time spent :) and Happy Holiday.

First we need some test results as well as what ratio of guppies you have, male to female.

Always, always have more females than males - 3 females to 1 male is generally good. Otherwise you'll have very harassed females who will, as you'll see, be chased to death.

+1

Do You do weekly maintance?

If a ammonia is present in the aquarium when You test, I advise to do 25-50% water changes with addtional prime (detoxifies ammonia and nitrites for 24 hours) until it goes down.

Tyler

I just test it after I wrote this and it show 0, 0, 10ppm.
I did a water change to bring the N03 down so holy that help.

right now I got one adult female and 2 male fry about a 2-3 month.
the rest r all fry from 1 week to a month.

Back
Top Bottom