Need Help Quick ... Bloated and At Top of Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok well i just did about a 40% PWC on my 29gal planted cause my water had this yellow tint to it ..... well about 10 mins after i was done and come back down i find one of my zebra danios floating and dead ..... and now one of the other ones is at the top like it cannon breath but i have the filter and now another one dropping water to make bubbles and a bubble wand in there already .... they are also pretty big and have been like that for about a month but i thought it was just because they were pigs and ate a lot ... plz help :/

Ray

Yes i added prime ... ill check my water now but it should be at 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 10ish nitrate but let me go check brb

EDIT:
Well i have a tad bit of ammonia i see and now that i look at my filter water is flowing over the cartridge .... so i guess im gonna go get a new one since ive already cleaned this one like 2 times already ...... maybe that was the problem but zebras are supposed to be hardy and why are they bloated and one is up top?

If you are overfeeding them they may be constipated. What do you feed them? Most fish food contains a lot of protein. You'd get pretty plugged up too. Feed more vegetables. Overfeeding also add nitrogen to your cycle. All ammonia (or nitrite or nitrate) must ultimately have come from your fish food, or water that you add. Also check your tap water's parameters. I was killing my fish with tap water with high nitrates until I switched to 100% ro.
edit: saw your post in general discussion. Keep trying the veggies. If you don't feed them other stuff, they will get more interested

Back
Top Bottom