need help with my angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi looking for help with my angelfish. Had him around a week chose him as he.was getting nipped by the other angelfish. Now I think someones nipping him! Every morning I get up his anal fin looks shorter no change in color or streaking on his fin. He's in with my pearl gourami, Sailfin Molly & elephant nose. The only fish I,ve seen doing the nipping is the angelfish, even wondered if he was getting caught by my elephant as he's hand fed. Worried it might be fin rot. Could someone please help as I love this guy :(

ForumRunner_20120808_205530.jpg

ForumRunner_20120808_205647.jpg

Just a little nipping, it's certainly not fin rot. Keep the water clean and within a few days you'll start to notice a improvement.

HUKIT said:
Just a little nipping, it's certainly not fin rot. Keep the water clean and within a few days you'll start to notice a improvement.

Thanks for the reply, I was worried about him every morning I get up his fin is smaller & I don't know who,s doing it. I,ve been doing extra changes. :)

My guess would be the pearl gourami is doing it since they were more established in the tank, I had a pair of gold gouramis ( j know the are alittle more aggressive on the whole then the pearl) and I added a pair or marble angels and I had the same problem with fin nipping. I ended up rearranging the tank and doing a lot more water changes and it helped for me.

Hope your angel gets better cause they are beautiful fish

Ducks said:
My guess would be the pearl gourami is doing it since they were more established in the tank, I had a pair of gold gouramis ( j know the are alittle more aggressive on the whole then the pearl) and I added a pair or marble angels and I had the same problem with fin nipping. I ended up rearranging the tank and doing a lot more water changes and it helped for me.

Hope your angel gets better cause they are beautiful fish

Thank you, I'm hoping he,ll learn to stand up for himself when he grows :)

Back
Top Bottom