need help with sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhinogobius01

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. Earlier this week I sadly lost 3 of my cherry barbs to what seemed to be a fungus, whilst also noticing white spots on my white clouds. So I immediately started treating with Aqua care Anti-fungus and white spot. And thankfully no one else has died.But I have noticed that one of my white clouds is breathing very rapidly with very red gills and that two of my hillstream loaches are acting very lethargic, with one of them having a very red mouth and also breathing rapidly. My tank is 125 litres (33 gallons) with 2 cherry barbs, 5 white cloud minnows, 1 bamboo shrimp,3 hillstream loaches, 5 ama no shrimp, 2 rhinogobius , 1 male swordtail and 1 panda garra. Also my perametets were: ammonia-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-10 ph-7.6 thanks for reading any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you recently changed the filter pad or rinsed it out with tap /untreated water?

Do you know about the nitrification cycle, and if so, is your tank cycled?

Have you followed the directions of the medication, since I am not sure about it, it is possible that your beneficial bacteria was killed by the medication?

Back
Top Bottom