Need med recommendation, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
Some of you may recall that one of the angels I have in a tank at work had a fungus or something on his mouth a couple months ago. I treated it with Pimafix and it went away, but recently it came back. I treated with Pimafix again and it started to go away, but it still isn't gone and I'm thinking I should treat it with something else this time. It appears to be a fungus (white cottony patch) on his mouth, and his fins are also looking ragged. Can you all recommend something to treat this? TIA :)

What if you tried combining the melafix and pimafix? Perhaps a bacterial infection is impeding the treatment of the fungal infection? Just a guess, but the two can be used safely together.

HTH

Does Maracyn affect the bio filter? I treated this tank a while back with Maracyn 2 for cyanobacteria, and found that I had a small ammonia spike (after the tank had been cycled for a few months). Unfortunately, a QT is out of the question since this tank is at work. :?

Maracyn and Maracyn 2 are antibiotics.. I would also recomend them for fungal infestation (If you were certian that fungus is the problem) but.. they are antibiotics so there is always the possiblity that it will harm the benifical bacteria in your filter.. if QT is not possible please use with causion.. HTH

Back
Top Bottom