Need quick advice, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katweet

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I moved 2 nights ago, and my tank is having it rough.

29g tropical, 7.8pH, 71F, with the saddest stock ever (the tank is in limbo until after the holidays/moving): 1 female betta, 1 male molly, 1 neon tetra, 1 young BN pleco. This morning, the fish are all dull, have some measure of fin rot and look to be struggling. The pleco did eat last night and the betta and molly ate this morning.

Set up was rough. The tank is currently decorated without gravel (I was planning on adding the gravel later today), but there is decor to hide in at every level and the fish haven't reacted to the change. There was a rookie mistake made during reintroduction to the tank- I forgot to dechlorinate and the fish got blasted with a 1/2 cup of tap water before I realized. I quickly dropped Prime into each animal's bag, then dosed the tank, mixed it by hand and waited about 45min before continuing reintroduction. The fish didn't seem bothered until this morning.

I've lost some of my aquarium supplies in the move.
I wont be able to get more test tubes for water testing, aquarium salt, or any other chemicals until after work today. I dosed the tank again with Prime, just to be safe. Any advice?

I've turned the heater up a few notches. It seems there's a subtle spectrum (73-71F) in temperature from left to right. The filter and heater are set up in the back left corner but the far right side of the tank is about 2F lower temp. How can I improve circulation without buying a bigger filter? The filter I have is rated up to 30 gal and is new (The biofilter is long-established in the filter media, however).

Heat deviation is the least of your worries. So, you have fish in an un-cycled tank?
(The biofilter is long-established in the filter media, however).
How does this happen during a move? Local move, same-day take-down setup again somewhere else?

74-78 degrees, check your parameters, ammonia 0,nitrite 0,nitrate 10+, did your media dry out in the move?, gravel dry out in the move ? Yes you can cycle the tank if you don't keep the media wet in tank water and it dries out..

Make sure all parameters are in good shape no ammonia or nitrite, the color loss is because of the tank temp

Back
Top Bottom