Need some help and advice!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I just tested the nitrate level again, I think it is about 40ppm now. A little update on the ich problem. The tank has been running at 87F for about 3 days now. Have not seen any more ich pop up. So I think it is working! :D

Yeah I did a major cleaning of the tank saturday night. Pulled out all the plants, in sections. and cleaned off all the alge on them. I got platic plants by the way. I do want to try live plants, I did have a couple of live plants when I first started my tank. But they just died on me, and it was big mess. Then I did my research on the net. And learned all the stuff that I need to do. So I am probably going to temp it again one of these days. But anyway, you wont belive on how much brighter the tank looks, with all of the alge off the plants.

Yeah also on that last danio. well the blank fin sharks, beat me the punch. I came home and I was going to pull him out of the tank. Went looking for for him and he was gone. That was about two days ago. That is ok, cause I am sure that all of them where starting to get a little crowned with all of them in there.

Update on the ick. if anyone is still checking in. Well it has been about two weeks now, and have not seen any ick pop back up. So I think everything is all taken care of. :D I am probably going to start to slow turn down the heat now, and get thing back to normal. Still kind of have a little high nirate problem. But it is slow going down. It is now at 20ppms. After about a week of treating to pleco in the qt tank, with his eyes with maracyn. They are still the same. I am not really for sure what it is. His eyes remind me of something like frog-eyes. So I am not really sure what to do with him. He is back in the main tank now. I wounder if I should try another treatment. I need to clean the qt tank again.

Great to hear your Ich is gone. If you are done treating, I would do a water change and replace your filter cartridge. The new carbon filter will help remove the rest of the meds that is in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom