need to know the amount of TABLESPOONS of salt to treat ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
also - how long to do you continue salt and heat treatment for??

and

do u do water changes during the treatment or after the treatment.

Well as for the time alotment for treatment the artical said 2 weeks on both the salt and heat wich ever you desire but it does not say anything about doing both at once so I would take cation there as far as the conversions most aqairium salt say right on the container how many grams to teaspoon( at least I think the aquarium pharmisutical carton does I think (I dont have it handy here). sorry to here of your infestation good luck. hope everything comes out allright.

3 teaspoons per tablespoon. You should continue ich treatment for 2 weeks after the last sign of the disease disappears.

rich311k said:
3 teaspoons per tablespoon. You should continue ich treatment for 2 weeks after the last sign of the disease disappears.

thanks

question:
I started treatment 3days ago -
today there is NO white spots on any fish (just fin rot and red streaks).

how is my treatment going?????

Sounds like you are on the right track. You may want to do extra water changes to remove as much of the parasite as you can, and to keep the water clean so the fish will heal well.

rich311k said:
Sounds like you are on the right track. You may want to do extra water changes to remove as much of the parasite as you can, and to keep the water clean so the fish will heal well.

thanks so much
greatly appreciated

I just wanted to add. Watch the fins and red marks. If they do not start to heal it may be a sign of something else going on. Ussually very clean water is all that is required to heal fin damage but you will want to keep an eye on it.

rich311k said:
I just wanted to add. Watch the fins and red marks. If they do not start to heal it may be a sign of something else going on. Ussually very clean water is all that is required to heal fin damage but you will want to keep an eye on it.

k thanks

good article that, although I didn't know that salt helped destroy the ich. I thought it was more to help the fishes slime coat rebuild. also, amounts vary, some people say one tablespoon per 5 gallons, some people say a tablespoon per 20gal.
I use a small handful per hundred gallons.

Back
Top Bottom