neon tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fatfei

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,
I've been loosing neon tetra which at first was understandable as my filter flow was restricted and nitrite was building up. Since a fixed the filter though fish were OK but yesterdayi noticed a had a dead guppy at the bottom and a neon tetra struggling to swim. He just layer at thebotton and top fin missing. He eventually turned vertical And gills breathing fast. Anyone know what's up? Nitrite nitrates and ammonia are fine

What exactly are your water readings, and are you using a liquid test kit? Do you have enough surface aqitation on the surface of the water?

I'm using an API liquid test kit. Not sure what you mean by aqitation. J have water movement on top of the water if that's what You mean. I have just increased my temperature to 25 C female 23.5 as pi herd low temperature can be a factor.

Thanks Darby

fatfei said:
I'm using an API liquid test kit. Not sure what you mean by aqitation. J have water movement on top of the water if that's what You mean. I have just increased my temperature to 25 C female 23.5 as pi herd low temperature can be a factor.

Thanks Darby

U haven't gave us Ur reading of ur water parameters.

Yep already said their fine as in nitrite 0 ammonia 0 and nitrate 30

Mine is quite high. Ph is 8.2 same as my tap water. The Aquatics shop thinks it might be neon tetra disease and gave me blue medication which is meant to erratacate most disease.

Back
Top Bottom