Neon Tetra Disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welsh

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've noticed one of my neon tetra's swimming frantically back and forth the front of the tank, with its mouth open and gills out. I'm not sure what is wrong with it, the others seem find and even this one is eating and such, it just looks really creepy with its mouth constantly open. I have tried glancing in its mouth, when it comes to the glass and even though its not a proper look, there doesn't seem to be anything lodged inside. It's colour seems to be duller than the rest and its body doesn't seem to be as straight. I hear NTD can affect other fish too,not just neons so i'm wondering what to do.

Thanks

Sounds like he's having breathing trouble? An infection in the gills? Moving faster moves more water over the gills, as does leaving the mouth and gills open. He's trying to relieve some stress he feels.

What kind of areation do you have in the tank? A little more might help ease his distress while the issue progresses to something more visible.

If you have a QT you might consider getting it set up.

I hope you figure out whats wrong, I agree with the QT idea... also the lighter color would be from stress.... all your water parameters are good?? GL

Back
Top Bottom