neon tetra dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsualum

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am relatively new to this hobby and appreciated all the replies to my "getting started" questions. My 25 gal tank has been cycled for several weeks now and all has been okay. I added neon tetra waited 2 weeks and added more neon tetra. At this time the fish store had put a white cloud in with the tetra I purchased and I didn't see it until I got home so I later added 3 more white cloud to school with the loner. Last week I found 2 dead tetra and 1 dead white cloud. My water parameters were ammonia=0,nitrites=0,nitrates=5.
I have been strict with PWC and was initially concerned about getting tetra with our hard water locally but was told at the pet store that their water is hard as well and I would be fine. Over the next few days I would find one or two dead tetra. I went several days and today had two dead tetra. Water parameters as above. Nothing noticeably wrong, fish have good color, are active. No algae or anything unusual that I can see in tank. Any help appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom