Neon Tetra Urgent Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhillipC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm new to the forums and one of my neon tetras started to swim vertically in circles for no reason and is now upside down. All of my tetras seem fine about an hour ago. I immediately took the poor tetra out and placed him in a small container and put some stress coat. As of now he lays there with his belly up with very little movement. I'm wondering what went wrong seeing the other 7 neons are doing fine. Did water tests and ammonia came up 0, ph 7.6 nitrite 0 and nitrate 0. The tank is an 11 gallon with 8 neons and 1 betta. I recently got 6 neons and added to the tank about 3 days ago via drip acclimation. All neons seem to be social and a nice neon coloring besides 1 that looks slightly greenish. The tank is also has a filter, heater and has been running for 5 months.

It COULD be the betta. Have u noticed him bothering the neons at all? Or it just could be that neons are notoriously hard to keep healthy, seriously pretty fish but I am very much over them

Back
Top Bottom