neon tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lockert81

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive just started out in the hobbie and its taken over my life already. I have a 26 gallon (uk) tropical tank with 4 guppies 4 mollies (2 silver 2 black) 10 neon tetra and a gourmie (not sure which type). Have had the tank up and running for just over 2 months and have lost 1 dwarf gourmie and 1 guppy. I have another smaller tank (about 20 liter) what I am using as a quarantine tank. In the smaller tank I had 10 tetra and a seimese fighter. The fighter has been in there 2 weeks and is staying in there but the tetra have been in there since the weekend. 1 died the day they went in there and I joticed it only had 1 eye!!! Ive got home from work today to find only 8 left!!! And one of these only has one eye!!! Is this normal for teteas or could it be something to do with the fighter fish I have in there?

Ive just started out in the hobbie and its taken over my life already. I have a 26 gallon (uk) tropical tank with 4 guppies 4 mollies (2 silver 2 black) 10 neon tetra and a gourmie (not sure which type). Have had the tank up and running for just over 2 months and have lost 1 dwarf gourmie and 1 guppy. I have another smaller tank (about 20 liter) what I am using as a quarantine tank. In the smaller tank I had 10 tetra and a seimese fighter. The fighter has been in there 2 weeks and is staying in there but the tetra have been in there since the weekend. 1 died the day they went in there and I joticed it only had 1 eye!!! Ive got home from work today to find only 8 left!!! And one of these only has one eye!!! Is this normal for teteas or could it be something to do with the fighter fish I have in there?

Tetras in general have a high causality rate in the beginning but get more hardy after a couple weeks. We're do u plan to put the beta

I had planned on keeping the beta in there for the time being. Wasnt sure if the beta would eat the tetra as had one vanish today?

Betas although considered to be aggressive army generally in my expiernce aggressive to any fish except there own males

Back
Top Bottom