Neon Tetras color faded...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aremihc

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just got home from work and went to feed my tetras. They seem very washed out in color. Also didn't go after food, but could be because they've been in relative dark/twilight for an hour or so (sleeping?)

Water levels:

Ammonia 0 (liquid test)
Nitrate 20ppm
Nitrite 0
Chlorine 0
pH 7.0
Temp 81

Mainly the red on their tails/ back half is faded/gone, is this a sign of sleep? Thanks

Pics coming.

They were active and fiesty 12 hours ago, unsure of color but I assume I'd have noticed the paleness earlier.

Last edited:
I think most fish do that, as far as loosing color. I know my guppies would be more transparent when the light 1st comes on, then become more vibrant after awhile. I'm still new at this hobby but I recently received some new RCS shrimp and they were mostly clear from shipping and being in the dark for awhile. After 2 days they have become much more red and looking good. It can also be from stress, but if they color up after the lights are on then they should be good, IF not make sure the water parameters are normal.

Pics:

tetra1ah7.jpg

tetra2in0.jpg

Fyi, incredibly hard (impossible) to get a digital camera to focus on small fish in a bow-front tank.

Back
Top Bottom