New angelfish not doing well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruna75

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got a new angel on Friday and I acclimated him for over an hour, made sure the ph in the bag matched my ph and he seemed fine and happy until this morning, he is now hiding and not eating:/ this happened to my other angel I bought a month ago and he died the next day after he started hiding, both were fine and eating then just hid, I don't want this one to die like the other, I have no idea what is going on, my water is fine, ammo 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5/10 , ph 7.8, temp 78, nobody is picking on him. He was at the fish store for at least 3 weeks also and no sign of illness:/ any ideas? Thank you in advance!

Maybe their is something in your water you cant detect? Thats my only guess, I've never kept angels before. I know they're are places you can send your water to show you everything in it. What kind of light do you have?

I don't know what could be in my water? All my other fish are fine, even my German blue ram, he is happy as can be, I do have a hard time with panda Cory's though I keep trying to build their school but every time I pick up another 4 at least 2 die each time :( but those deaths are always within a day or 2 and they always act off from the min I put them in, I do have 4 still that are fine. The angels act fine for a few days and then start hiding. I don't know what my lighting is, but there are plenty of plants and places to hide and for shade. Thank you for your help;)

I don't know what could be in my water? All my other fish are fine, even my German blue ram, he is happy as can be, I do have a hard time with panda Cory's though I keep trying to build their school but every time I pick up another 4 at least 2 die each time :( but those deaths are always within a day or 2 and they always act off from the min I put them in, I do have 4 still that are fine. The angels act fine for a few days and then start hiding. I don't know what my lighting is, but there are plenty of plants and places to hide and for shade. Thank you for your help;)

No problem wish I could give a little more help. I keep goldfish lol.

Well woke up today and he was dead.

I'm sorry :( if you take him too an aquatic vet they could probibky tell you what happened. When my fish got ill I have a guy locally who's training to be an aquatic vet and he offered to tell me what happened if my fish died.

I am going to look into that for any future deaths:/ I really want an angel fish but now I am scared to get another one :( I thought this one would make it, he looked healthy at the store and he was a Lil bigger than the other one, and when I heard how long he was at the pet store I was really hopeful. I just done understand it though, I do 50% water changes every week, test my water 2 times a week, and it is always perfect. I take a break from feeding 2 days a week and keep my lights on for only 7 hours a day. I do have a nasty case of diatoms, but I never read anything that said those were bad for fish. Thanks for your help though;)

I am going to look into that for any future deaths:/ I really want an angel fish but now I am scared to get another one :( I thought this one would make it, he looked healthy at the store and he was a Lil bigger than the other one, and when I heard how long he was at the pet store I was really hopeful. I just done understand it though, I do 50% water changes every week, test my water 2 times a week, and it is always perfect. I take a break from feeding 2 days a week and keep my lights on for only 7 hours a day. I do have a nasty case of diatoms, but I never read anything that said those were bad for fish. Thanks for your help though;)

No problem. Good luck though. Before you get another one I would read up on absolutely ideal conditions for angels and make sure nothing is out of wack. Dont give up though. I lost my first bullfrog recently and I took it really hard, made me really scared to get another. But I did alot of reading and realized what I did wrong so next time I'll be sure to fix it :)

Back
Top Bottom