New golden loach acting weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humanis1993

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got a golden loach for my fish tank yesterday it's a 20gallon and he doesn't appear to be very active at all. Infact he's not moving at all. He looks completely dead. Not even his gills moving to show he's breathing -_- but the instant I put the net in the water he dashes to the other side of the tank. The water quality is good I've checked and rechecked. I have no idea what's wrong with him.

He's the biggest fish in the tank so I don't see why he'd be stressed.

Just bc he is big doesn't mean it doesn't enjoy the company of its own kind. Idk tho, just a thought.

What would you do in this situation? The water may be a little too warm for him. I have it up to 78-79

He should be fine w that temp. I have a single botia Loach (I know im getting 2 more). He isn't very active or even come out if hiding that often. I would recommend buying a couple more.

Wahhhh!!!! I came home today and he was laying on his side looking dead. I tried picking him up with my hands and it wasn't till I got him out of the water that he starte moving again :'(

Back
Top Bottom