New green barb tilted and hanging out by filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bazook

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just bought a new green barb from local pet smart and noticed that my other 2 tiger barbs were nipping at it. I came home from work and found it hanging by the filter tilted forward at a 45 degree angle. I've noticed this tilting is kinda common during late hours but just lost a tiger barb to swim bladder problem and don't want to lose this one.

Params are good but I accidentally left my yeast bomb running for 8 hours...oops. Bought some peas incase I needed them. Advice?

I've read that it's quite common with barbs, although his swim bladder looks a little bloated, and his fins are going a mile a minute when he's not moving around. It looked like he was slightly tilted earlier also. I will attempt to feed peas in a few days and hope for a recovery, if there is anything wrong at all. I found a thread that dived into it a bit but it sorta fizzled out.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95587

Luckily I have a while to take him back, symptoms have calmed a bit, and I increased the pack from 3 to 6. He's one of two males and got picked on immediately by the larger male. I read it's also a common defense maneuver.

Since I forgot to add this I'll put it here...
29 gal
Ammo 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 25 ppm
Ph 7.0
The water was very soft about 4 days ago but the PH is up since then and I haven't been able to test the hardness

4 female barbs 3 of which are green
2 males 1 of which is green

This is a barb only tank, and obviously planted (hence the yeast bomb).

Back
Top Bottom