New guppies Ill, with Fry. in qt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BANGAR

Aquarium Advice Freak
SOOOOO I picked up 4 guppies from my LFS on 10/29 (2.5 weeks in 5 gallon QT). after 2 weeks, one guppy died. I was noticing some white feces, and anorexia in the beginning. They have since begun to eat some what, they still spit out there food sometimes.

2 weeks into QT the largest female has developed a few white blotches running off her body and some fin rot. It Doesn't look like ich, but something I've seen in my other research for illness. I am gonna do some more research on that.

Anyways, today I did a 50% WC, installed a heater on the tank, and when I got home from work, I am seeing three fry at the bottom!!!!

Im looking for advice, and the voice of experience. Can I save these fry and fish?

I have methlene blue, anti Ich stuff (malachite green, erythromycin powder, and an antifungal powder. also i have bath salts and aq salt.

will follow up shortly with picture of sick gupps and some research

I would do large PWC crank up the heat, dump salt in, use the M. Blue and Erythomycin hehe
Antifungal powder? As in furan?
I got lucky with my new guppies, 16 pet store guppies from various stores and even walmart males, and not a single loss or hint of disease as yet about a month in fingers crossed (and i fish in cycled the puppies)
Ya im gloating now. sorry!
It can be done.... suprisingly, guppies can still survive a journey of fish farm to wholesaler, wholesaler to retail, retail to my home, and not all Drop dead during a cycle.
There is yet hope for the species, but only with careful husbandry and little to no inbreeding!

I would do large PWC crank up the heat, dump salt in, use the M. Blue and Erythomycin hehe
Antifungal powder? As in furan?
I got lucky with my new guppies, 16 pet store guppies from various stores and even walmart males, and not a single loss or hint of disease as yet about a month in fingers crossed (and i fish in cycled the puppies)
Ya im gloating now. sorry!
It can be done.... suprisingly, guppies can still survive a journey of fish farm to wholesaler, wholesaler to retail, retail to my home, and not all Drop dead during a cycle.
There is yet hope for the species, but only with careful husbandry and little to no inbreeding!

Thanks Matt!!! Yeah I think that is a good idea. I think it is furan 2! You think I should use it?!?
Do you this its fungal from the pics?

Last night no one had answered me yet so I stuck one of them in a 1g with MB I will try your suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Furan and methylene are the same deal, as far as they kill fungus and some types of bacteria, only furan is BB safe and M. Blue is not.
Either will work.
All tail rot starts as bacteria, then the fungus eats the dead skin, so to answer your question, i think its both.
Either use the furan by itself, or use the M. Blue with the antibiotic powder, the latter will kill your cycle, but probably more effective for what she has got, looks a little infected, more than it should be (usually males only get this)
PS im not sure what causes female guppies to drop their tails, other than old age and stress. But the information i gave you is sound for fighting infections.
I think i know what your talking about, but mostly i think its old age, stress, and water contiminent problems that make them droop. Not sure on that one, but if you have other guppies sick, the method i described should work for normal bacterial infecions.

Back
Top Bottom