New(ish) tank, multitude of issues, need advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well my test results were exactly the same as yesterday! Ugh! I would think that after 2 water changes there would be SOME difference at least?!??

Well its a constant process.. Because when you change it out, your fish produce more. If you hadnt changed it would of the scale and your fish would be dead. Keep changing water !!

Well my test results were exactly the same as yesterday! Ugh! I would think that after 2 water changes there would be SOME difference at least?!??

Test your tap water. It may have ammonia in it. Also, I think you said you're using strips? Those have a tendency to be highly inaccurate. I'm speaking from experience. The best way to properly test is a liquid test kit. Mine is sort of thrown together trying to save myself money while being a college student, and I discovered on here that I ended up wasting money. The highly recommended kit is the API Master Test Kit. Next time you can get to the fish store, look for that one. When you gravel vac, are you just going over the surface, or are you sticking the vac down in the gravel good? You might just have some left over gunk in the gravel not helping you along at all.

Back
Top Bottom