new koi angels have black spots on their heads/upper bodies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Is this natural coloration? I have seen snow white discus marked like this before as part of their natural colors....

I am concerned about possible velvet. They are acting very healthy. I'll try to get a picture later.

Thanks
P.

Koi's are usually orange, gold, white, yellow and black. The location of the colors vary from fish to fish. Unless you see something unusual around the black area, I'd say it's natural.

both of my koi angels have black spots. what's interesting is if they have any red spots. one of mine had a very bright red dot under it's eye when it was a juvy, and as it gets older the red has faded quite a bit.
very pretty fish, how many did you get?

When my bf gets home i will borrow his camera and take some. they really are pretty fish =) I think i did the right thing trading in the cichlids for them.

FishyPeanut said:
When my bf gets home i will borrow his camera and take some. they really are pretty fish =) I think i did the right thing trading in the cichlids for them.

You traded one species of cichlid for another...Angels are cichlids. :) I would love to see pics of them too.

yeah, but the angels aren't nearly as aggro as the africans were. they are actually very docile so far.

Give em time to grow and pair off. They can get quite feisty, not African feisty, but pretty territorial.

i still think they are a better choice than the very fiesty, downright mean africans =)

It was a good trade Peanut. Yes, I've said it, trading in an African for a SA was a good move. :) I can't wait to see pics also!

Back
Top Bottom