New Qt - am I doing this right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rspatel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all,

I set up a 20g qt tank 3 weeks ago to accept fish into my 120g dt. Systems are totally on the opposite sides of the house & don't interact with each other at all. I moved an extra sponge to the new tank & bought three Mollies the next day.

Last week I took in 10 Glofish danios. I'm treating w/ Paraguard daily, but have seen no issues in the tank.

I am hoping to move the bunch over to my dt next week to take in 25 Cardinal Tetras. So that will give the Glofish two weeks.

Love your thoughts on whether this is safe.

I'm adding, btw, as about half the stock in my dt died after my girls chased the fish around with their martial arts sticks. It caused flukes & took care of that with Prazipro on the rec of my LFS.

Thank you!
Rahim

There is mo need to just treat fish for no reason. Imo when you put them in there and they do fine for a couple weeks with no illness then your good to go.

I do agree although it doesnt hurt to treat with methylene blue at least 1 time to rid it of any bacterial infections it may have. Most fish stores treat once a week because they cant qt fish like we can

Thanks! Does m-blue stain the tank? If so, is there a good alternative?

Thanks JWH - should I take out fake plants or are those OK if treating? Can I continue to use the sponge filter after treating? I appreciate the help.

Thanks JWH - should I take out fake plants or are those OK if treating? Can I continue to use the sponge filter after treating? I appreciate the help.

Yes dont change anything, in a week do a PWC and if anything turns blue just soak it for a few hours in a 10% bleach 90% water solution. Are the plants silk or plastic?

Back
Top Bottom