New tank fish issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dfb33b

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So looking for some advice. I have cycled my 60g tank water parameters are good. I bought 9 guppies (3m 6f) and 4m dwarf . I added then to the tank less than 72 hours ago. I lost a female guppy in the first 24 hours...then I lost a male in less the 48 hours. I did stop yesterday afternoon at the same LFS and swapped out the dead F for a new one. Well this morning I woke up to a different female swimming up an upward 45 degree angle. One of the males tales us missing pieces. The new female's take us missing a piece now. Oh, and some of them seen disinterested in eating.

Meanwhile the Gourami are perfectly fine.

I am open to recommendations, but part of my thought is maybe there was something wrong with the guppies and the stress of the move brought it to the forefront. So should I just take all the guppies back to the store and return them?

How is your line of sight? Male gourami are very territorial, and they will pick on whomever is closest when they are grumpy.

Guppies are a lot hardier than gourami, generally speaking, and so I would expect the gourami to be the canaries, not the other way around.

Do you know if the guppies are being aggressive toward each other? If so, trade out a male for a female. Are you planning to breed them? If not, stick with all males. They fight over females, not territory.

the tiny computer is full of delicion!

Thank you for your feedback..I just got of the phone with my LFS. apparently they are having issues with the guppies they got from their supplier...I'm taking them all back to the store.

Back
Top Bottom