New to me . . .Unhealthy Texas Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SherLar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 4" Texas Cichlid that I've had since he was barely more than a fry. A few days ago, I noticed a small lump or growth, about 2 mm in size and a pale yellow in color on his left pectoral fin, near the body. It doesn't seem to hamper his swimming, nor affect his appetite, but I have noticed periods of lethargy. However, that may be due to the fact that he currently resides in my quarantine tank, instead of his 150g.
If I knew how to get a pic from my phone to my computer, and then to the forum, I would post one, but for now, I'll just hope my description is apt. Is it a fungal (doesn't look like any I'm familiar with), a parasite, something bacterial? Is there a treatment for it; is it dangerous to the affected fish; is it contagious to the rest of the tank?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I treated his quarantine tank with an herbal anti-fungal for 2 days, did a water change, and am now treating with an anti-parasitical. No change in the lump, except maybe a lightening of the color. He still seems healthy, but doesn't like my small quarantine tank at all. Thanks for asking.

Back
Top Bottom