newly arrived fish acting weird?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggalz

Aquarium Advice Freak
howdy roo..i received my guppies today i bought online from a website..i dont know if its the tank..beings this is a new and different tank (biube) so i dont know if its something about it or what..but i got 16 of them..(15 females and 1 male..) they've formed like a school of guppies..they stay in a tight formation and at the top...i dont recall any of my guppies ever doing this..could it just be maybe they were sedated a little from when they shipped them? i cant seem to find much info or others queries with biorbs or biubes...i worry about the air flow through the tube in the center..and how it affects the movement in the tank..if theres to much movement..they hang out at the top which has the most..so its like are they going to get "sea sick" lol

I would say they are probably just huddling together for security, since they are in a new tank. Out of curiosity, how big is your biube?

I always leave the tank lights off for a couple of days to make them feel more comfortable, this really seems to help with their security.

Sounds like they should be fine after a couple of days :)

On a side note, did you fishless cycle the tank before this? 16 Guppies is a bit much for a 9 gallon IMO. I am not trying to be rude, I just don't want any problems to arise.

Back
Top Bottom