Nitrates down /fish still struggling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im 15% over stocked with fish, i cannot part with like my rainbows angels, i know the BA tetras are going the red eye tetras one is literally swimming on its back i think he's to far gone for this med to help him, it's just a hard choice in culling because i love every fish in the tank, but it has to be done, I'm getting ready to read all the links CB posted thanks again

Sent from my SM-G920P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm glad to hear that, read, read, my friend, and take the good advice given. It seems your phobia deals with crowds,am I correct?
If so, when your fish get healthy, why don't you start another tank and reduce your stock that you already have in the new one? My idea for this is to give you some control with your fish, rather than have an overcrowded tank, which I think caused all this to begin with?
You may get a better perspective, and control keeping your fish, and most of all give you time to enjoy them. It sounds like you have a good start here, lets not let C.B down man, read what is given to you. [emoji6] oh, and give it some time!!!
Keep us posted , in a week or two you will see a difference!!!

Clem.

Yeah i was thinking about buying up this 150 gallon my buddies grandpa is selling at their estate sale for a hundred bucks i just have to put it in the basement as my house is super old and I'm afraid the floors won't hold it lol, yes my phobia is actually worse than that, there's weeks i cannot leave my house.. but stage 1 agoraphobics are afraid of crowds I'm afraid of being outside but I'm working on it.

That's a big plan,150gal?
Sounds like a good deal, make sure the tank is in good shape. You could always set it up, take some time and plan it out first!

Clem.

Yeah buddies grandma passed his grandma and grandpa were married 60 years and he don't want to live anymore, so he's selling everything dirty cheap, I'll just have to spend the money to get it resealed (maybe) and of course the filter decor lights etc etc, it's a older 150 gallon marineland worth a stand but i probably will make another stand for it as its been in a garage and don't know how sturdy it is

I just looked at my angel she looks to be enjoying the cooler tank temp 75, but i noticed white spots on her head, it can't be ich as i just treated so could this be the columnaris too or maybe just normal, it doesn't look like sugar or salt like ich does.

I just looked at my angel she looks to be enjoying the cooler tank temp 75, but i noticed white spots on her head, it can't be ich as i just treated so could this be the columnaris too or maybe just normal, it doesn't look like sugar or salt like ich does.

Could you take a video or pic with that lovely camera of yours?

Tank is filthy right now from the med in the tank, makes me sick looking at it lol, so the pic might not be so clear

Attachments

• 1446682009955.jpg
    1446682009955.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 1446682036900.jpg
    1446682036900.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 41
Whoa just noticed in pic 1, what's the white looking ring around the front fins on her stomach maybe her pattern or is that the fungus /bacteria I'm currently treating

Nm on the ring i mentioned in the pic its a golden pattern like her body, pic made it look white cause as i said my tank is pretty nasty right now lol

Dont worry man, its alot of hit or miss when your new. being that ive already explained bacterial infections in a number of post tonight and im getting tired, ill make this brief.
It does look like mouth fungus, which is really a misleading name for a type of very hard to kill gram - bacteria that is very common and attacks weak fish...its usually 100% fatal but you have caught it early which means their still hope.
I highly reccomend a hospital tank like a cheap ten gallon or a tub.
You have some choices.
"Terramycin"---Oxytetracycline
"Kanaplex"-----Kanamycin
"Maracyn2"----Minocycline

The fungus is secondary to areas where the bacteria has eaten at the flesh of the fish, so you must kill the fungus as well.
here we go again with the long post, the list is like this
Kanamycin combines with Furan 2
Oxytetracycline Combines with Methyl blue
Not sure what the minocycline you combine with, maybe primafix would work.
Give this a read, remember that your dealing with F. Columnaris, gram-negative
Also note that the tetracycline class drugs are not very effective in hard water or high PH calcium type water, that most of us have in the US.
You can get around this by using medicated feed like this
Ken's Premium Sinking Pellets with Oxytetracycline 2.5mm
Or this is a good place to get ALOT of medicated feeds as flake form
Antibiotic Fish Flake Food
Powder Kanamycin is fine in hard water but dont overdose and at 15 dollars a small bottle, use in hospital tank would be best.

Back
Top Bottom