NLS Thera+A and sunken belly.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been feeding my cichlids nls thera+a for some time now but I now have a kenyi with dulled colors and a sunken belly. My wife suprised me with a dubosi cichlid last week and my qt tank is being used for my 80+fry so she put him rigt in the main tank well since then I have found one fish carcass and noticed the new guy and a male kenyi with pretty sunken bellies. I know this is or at least am pretty sure its a parasite problem. I thought this food was supposed to treat and prevent parasites. I really don't want to loose any more fish especially this male he is one of my breeders is there a good quality product out there I can use for this to treat the whole tank and not harm the bb.

I've used Thera +A for a long time in all of my tanks, but I've never had a parasite introduced that I'm aware of - if one was, it might have failed to infest a host because of the food, but I'm not sure about just how effective the +A is when compared to actual pharmaceutical measures.

At the first sign of parasites in new purchases in the past I've gone immediately to Metro and Prazi and always had good results.

Metrodanizole and praziquantel are the short of two medications (cause I can never remember quite how to spell them msot of the time, lol) that can both be found in API General Cure, or can be purchased separately.

I use the General Cure as a sort of general delousing for new fish in QT, since parasites can be sneaky and you might not know something is wrong until its too late.

Well I got some general cure would I be better off incorporating it into there food or just dosing it into the tank.

Well I got some general cure would I be better off incorporating it into there food or just dosing it into the tank.

Digestion is the best method when treating for any internal issues, especially digestive track problems. I don't treat the water as medicated foods are the best option in my opinion. Angels Plus anti-protozoa flakes are the core step in my QT procedure for all new or fish that re showing specific symptoms.

At the least soak the NLS pellets into a solution with the General Cure, soak for 2-3 minutes then feed as any longer will start to remove the nutrients from the food.

Antiprotozoan Fish Flake Food

Well tonight was the second dose of the general cure so I opened all the packets and with wack pinch of food I dumped the powder right in the tank in the same place as the food then I just repeated the process with all 5 packets. Mabey ill order some medicated food. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom