No wen growth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shanny

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone!

I have a blue Oranda who has no wen growth at all. Could this be a birth defect? He is completely flat on top but where the wen should be growing he is a different color.

I've had him for about one year and he has grown from 1" body length to about 2.5-3.0" body length. He has the white "breeding" spots on his fins and gill covers. He is very active and eats like a pig. :)

He is in a cycled 38g with one Ryukin. I do a 50% pwc every Sunday and my parameters before the pwc are always ammonia 0, nitrite 0 and usually nitrate 10-30. I fed them Saki-Hikari fancy goldfish sinking pellets and daily veggies.

I can post a pic if anyone wants to see his poor, flat head.

Shanny, don't worry! He is a beautiful happy healthy fish! I wouldn't consider it a deformity but merely genetics- no different than people that are tall or short, brown eyed or green eyed, curly hair or straight or any other difference from one person to the next. :)

Shanny, don't worry! He is a beautiful happy healthy fish! I wouldn't consider it a deformity but merely genetics- no different than people that are tall or short, brown eyed or green eyed, curly hair or straight or any other difference from one person to the next. :)

Thanks! I'm happy he is just a different boy.

Back
Top Bottom