not quite sure...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patagonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello everybody...ive read a few threads about this "white stringy poo" that seems to be pretty common in platies...i have 2 lady platies in a cycled 5gal tank...ive had them for about 3 months now...when i got them they were about 3/4'' and now they are almost 2''...ive noticed this white poo since i got them...never thought much of it until i found these threads...the only thing that has me al little bit confused is that they are ok...they eat ok and swim all over the tank all day long...they grew quite a bit...and their poo is not all white and stringy...first comes the normal poo and then it keep coming out but white...(sorry for being so specific)...i was going to move them to the 29gal which houses some rasboras for the moment and use the 5gal as a QT for the rest of the fish im going to add to the 29...but now i dont know...show i treat them with medicated food before i add them? TIA...

Treat them with medicated food as a precaution. The disease can take sometime and if all of it is white and stringy it is often in the latter staged of the disease.

thanks mattrox! any brand you would recommend? also...i guess it is not a good idea to use that tank as a QT if the platies are sick....right?

Back
Top Bottom